Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sick Day

Last night I got sick.  It was the inevitable stomach virus that every mom gets after nursing her sick kids back to health.  I could feel it coming on but I begged my body not to give in.  I lost that battle.  I suffered all night.  This morning I got up and got the kids off to school as best I could.  Zach hugged me numerous times, asking if I was ok.  Grant told me I looked "really bad," but followed it up with, "I still think you're pretty."  When I picked Ella up for school, she was informing her friend that she could not play today because she had to care for her sick mommy.  She has brought me cold water, made her own lunch, and has spent the afternoon laying on the floor next to me.  Being sick is much more tolerable with concerned babies.

1 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to that day not when I'm sick but when I have concerned babies. I think it's going to be a while. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete