Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Egg Pie


Yesterday I decided Ella and I needed to spice up our lunches.  We usually feast on the same turkey sandwiches or soups and I had had enough.  I informed Ella that I was making a really good surprise lunch.  She got excited and asked if it had pickles, I said no.  She asked if it had red tomatoes, I said no.  So I explained quiche to her.  I told her we were going to mix eggs, bacon and cheese, put it all in a pie crust, and bake it.  She scrunched up her face and said, "Hmmm . . . egg pie."

Once we sat down for a lunch of quiche and grapefruit, we had a conversation about career choices:

Ella:  Mom, I'm having a really hard time deciding what to be when I grow up.
Me:  What are your choices.
Ella:  I have four I'm trying to decide - Robot Girl, Rock Star, Zookeeper or Mail Girl.
Me:  Those are all good choices and I think you can be anything you want to be.  Plus you still have lots of time to decide.
 
There was a long pause and then . . .

Ella:  I think when I am old, there are going to be tons of Robot Girls so I think I will just be the Rock Star, Zookeeper and Mail Girl.

1 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I love that you are blogging. Ella is so dang cute I can't stand it! How do you have time to make "egg pie" when you are remodeling your bathroom and getting ready for to go to Cali??

    ReplyDelete