Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Visit from Buddy









Today was one of those post-trip days where you just can't quite get started.  I tackled laundry, put up Easter decorations, made breakfast, lunch and dinner, went to a school meeting, ran kids to lessons . . . and I feel like I didn't get anything done.  Why is that?

At the end of the day, the kids and I pulled up into the driveway to find a strange and very sweet dog sitting on our porch.  He had his own ball which he rushed over and dropped at their feet.  Grant shrugged, picked up the ball and threw it.  The dog raced after his prized possession, scooped it up and promptly returned it to Grant.  Grant shrugged again, threw the ball and said, "I guess he came to play.  I think I'll name him Buddy."  After several rounds of fetch, the dog walked out of the yard and down the street.  Grant came in for dinner, plopped down on the barstool and said, "I already miss Buddy."

I wasn't sure if I should remind him we have a our own dog in the backyard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment